Tuesday 5 March 2013

Reflections prior ‘Ladies Night Out’



Reflections prior ‘Ladies Night Out’



I look in the mirror...’Yuk’,

Do I need a nip and a tuck?

Can’t leave it till much later.

How comes I look like my mater?

When did these wrinkles appear?

Oh no, that’s old age drawing near.

But I’m still in my youthful prime,

To surrender to age is a crime.

Next year forty four I will be,

But I still want to look thirty-three.



Right, on with the nourishing mask.

To rectify things, my first task

I need to look smooth and bright,

I don’t wish to look like a fright

When meeting the girls for a drink

Got to look good, don’t you think?

I sure want to make them muse,

On my age but give them no clues.

We haven’t meet up for a while,

And you know how some can be vile?



Let’s slap on foundation and blush,

Shadow, mascara and lip flush.

Make haste to conceal any mark,

To show I have plenty of spark!

Smooth my hair with glossy gel.

That’s better..... I truly look well.

New dress and shoes with killer heels,

I know how good fashion appeals.

Now off to the date and face fears,

And hope that I don’t see any sneers.

Hey, they’re about the same age as me,

Bound to be one that looks older..... whoopee.

Stand tall, tummy in, chin up, now move,

Show them that you’re still much in the groove

©June Sciortino

No comments:

Post a Comment