Tuesday 5 March 2013

Reflections after 'Ladies Night Out'



Reflections after ‘Ladies Night Out’



I look in the mirror ‘Yuk’

Have I been hit by a truck?

Smudged mascara under my eyes

How come I’m in this demise?

Did I have that much to drink?

More than usual? Must have, I think?

Judging by my looks I can see

It was definitely much more than three.



There a sunflower in my hair,

How it got there I really don’t care.

But it’s dripped all down my neck

I clearly need to shower, by heck.

My tights are torn at the knee,

And my dress smells of Chablis

Gosh. in my bra is tucked a fiver

Was that to pay the cab driver?



Madge was in a worse state than me

She tried to chat up a small lemon tree

Janet sung a duet with Daisy

and so off key, it sounded  crazy

Barbara D. was dancing the foxtrot

With a man in a kilt, yes a Scot.

She kept trying to lift up that skirt,

But I don’t want to dish out the dirt



Now lying in bed feeling smug,

Bit icky but comfy and snug,

Reflect on last night with my mates

Brill night, one of the all time greats

Everyone thought I looked so chic,

Not one of those gals gave critique

Why do I fret each time we meet,

With friends so perfect, so discrete.


©June Sciortino19

No comments:

Post a Comment