Wednesday 6 March 2013

Cotton Wool Brain



Cotton Wool Brain

My forever aim is to pen
An inspiring piece each day
Though I sit here at my desk
My mind will just not play

Maybe because it’s Saturday
Though Tuesday was the same
Fog has encroached my license
Heck,  cranial mist is to blame

Browse my list of exceptional words
To try and gather stimulation
But nothing emerges to my shame
Of my condition, no revelation

I glance to the open window
Air might give me a jolt
I search and scour the garden
Zilch..... Mind in total revolt

Exasperated I reach for coffee
Splash face with ice-cold waters
Return to my desk with vigour
Situation the same, nought alters

Not a single notion has come
Creativity down the drain
Convinced I have the answer
Cotton wool has invaded my brain



©June Sciortino

No comments:

Post a Comment