Tuesday 9 April 2013

Avenue in the Fog




Avenue in the Fog




Morning avenue,  pink flowered bliss,

cherry blossom in my sight…

poetry and romance, my mind.



Silent forest of shadowy menace

confronts evening homecoming.

Wraithlike trees eerie blooms leer,

fearsome behind mists gloomy web.

Dank icy air clings, penetrates deep,

sending shivers into my soul.

Burrow deeper within mantle

to keep out creepy miasma.

Lamp posts, grey sackcloth cloaked,

secrete a muted orange flush,

little aid to a nervous traveller.



Safe in portal of my dwelling,

I glance into thick foggy night.

Hostile shrouded trees dare me…

venture into the spectral night,

explore our ghostlike scenery.

Hesitation none…I turn the key…

cross the threshold into solace.

©June Sciortino

No comments:

Post a Comment