Friday 19 April 2013

Label it (a cautionary tale)



Label it (a cautionary tale)




Last night work weary dear hubby
came home to aroma of stew.
Tasty morsels of juicy lamb,
(Vegetarians, close eyes do).
It floats in my finest wine sauce
with every fresh veg I could find,
new spuds, rosemary and garlic.
His platter scrapped clean, bear in mind.

Next came a vibrant fruit salad,
Melon, mango, kiwi, and pear.
 All in a juice of my making,
plus red & blue berries add flair

Last a dessert of distinction,
Chocolate (with French accent, say),
orange liqueur added flavour,
in a wee plastic pot on a tray

Placing full spoon in his mouth
quick pleasure changed fast to disgust…
then he spat out the…offensive,
am rendered completely nonplussed.

Chocolate was not an component
In truth it is gravy of beef.
my careless mistake thus happened
and caused me a whole lot of grief.

I didn’t pay much attention,
Being a disorganised twit.
I forgot to do the main thing,
to unerringly  — label it


©June Sciortino 19/04/2013


No comments:

Post a Comment