Wednesday 26 December 2012

Diet Dilemma




Diet dilemma


Good grief, I cry, this can’t be right,

there’s a reason why my skirt is tight.

Weighing machine shows over ten stone,

I’m sure I may have heard it groan.

I must start a diet straight away,

can’t stay chubby for one more day.

Hold on; I have to finish that cake,

that apple pie and cranberry bake.

I’ll start it on Monday that will be fine,

I need to finish a bottle of wine.

Won’t start on Monday, I require new food.

Must think this through, I have to be shrewd.

To get the right grub, I’ll buy a diet book.

Must get the info as to what I can cook.

Monday I’ll purchase a book with the facts.

Tuesday, slimming food and some healthy snacks.

On Wednesday, but no, that day I can’t start,

it’s my girl’s night out, they will take me apart.

Okay Thursday, I think, that would be great,

but the food I bought Tuesday will be out of date.

 I’ll food shop on Thursday and start a day later,

that should be perfect, the effort much greater.

But, no, Friday is always fish, chips and a coke,

I don’t want to upset my new handsome bloke.

Saturdays not on as we’re bound to eat out.

On Sunday it’s dinner and without a doubt,

it will be yummy cos Mum cooks great fare,

large portions too, can’t resist, I swear.

So we are back to Monday, diet book is there,

I only need food that is simple to prepare.

Will start on Tuesday that seems an ideal date.

Oh no, this diet’s destined to be late,

I have to eat with Auntie; her tastes in food I know.

She takes me to a place they have the best gateau.

I think I’ll give up on diet and start to walk a lot,

join a gym, an exercise class....... I think I’ve lost the plot!

©June Sciortino - 02/03/12






No comments:

Post a Comment