Saturday 22 June 2013

Like Munch


Like Munch

 (pertaining to: The Edvard Munch painting 'The Scream')


A times I want to open my mouth, bellow, howl.
cry torrents until no tears remain, the pain…a dull ache.
Curse…blame friends, enemies, family, even you
for agonies lodged inside soul, ingrained into psyche
trapped…unable to set free for peace of mind
Hear my screams, open your mouths into an 0 shape,
cover your ears…you are my Munch hearers.
The fault…not family, friends or even you. 
Torments  accumulated… cruelty I suffer
failure to let go, move on... my weakness
until  I find the way to release despair…
breathe each day in serene harmony
Silently I’ll scream, open mouth into an 0 shape,
cover my ears  so I am the Munch hearer.
But…you will only see my smile.
©June Sciortino 13/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment